A complete rainwater harvesting system package direct from the manufacturer. The 10,000 litre is generally suitable for the larger project and these are typically installed into a 5+ bedroom dwellings and with large gardens/outside tap use. Our sales team will be able to confirm the most suitable size for you if you wish.
Storage tank details
10,000 litre underground storage tank, complete with two pedestrian rated telescopic neck and lids, push fit DN100 drainage connections. Made from virgin polyethylene plastic, ribbed for strength and in most cases, installed without the need for concrete.
Physical dimensions of the tank
Height 1250mm x Width 2700mm x Length 4770mm
The system comes with a choice of in-tank filters.
1) Compact filter suitable for roof areas up to 150M2
2) PF filter suitable for roof areas up to 200M2
3) VF-1 filter suitable for roof areas up to 500M2
The filter is pre-installed into the neck of the tank, where is it joined to the also pre-fitted calming inlet. This filter removes leaves, grit and other debris from the incoming water to approximately 1mm. Finer particles form a "scum layer" and are washed away during overflow or filtered out by the secondary filtration. The filter is easy to clean, usually about 3-4 times per year. There are no consumables, just lift, rinse and replace.
The submersible pump is suspended from a pre-fitted hook in the neck of the storage tank by a stainless steel chain. It comes with a high quality large handle, for easy lifting if necessary. The pump delivers approximately 4 bar of pressure and up to 3,500 litres/hr of flow. The pump is started automatically by the control system and has dry run protection as standard.
There is a choice of controls for your system, these are 1) Direct pressure and 2) Header tank (Indirect). Both control systems are priced the same and so you can choose the correct system for your application, free of any cost implications.
1) Direct pressure, this system works by supplying the water directly to the point of use. For example, if a WC is flushed, then straightaway the pump is energised and water is pumped to refill the cistern. The pump stops when pressure in the rainwater harvesting pipe-work has been restored. Should the storage tank reach low-level, then mains water is introduced into the tank, but only the minimal required. Thus leaving maximum capacity to receive the next rainfall. This cycle continues until the float-switched controlled level has been restored to a pre-set level. The controls come complete with a class AA air-gap required for water regulations.
2) Header/indirect, this system uses a 82 litre header tank (460mm X 613mm x 450mm WLH supplied). Water is pumped to the header tank from the storage tank via the submersible pump. When demand is placed on the header tank, water is gravity fed to the point of use. Our header tank has a patent-pending mechanical delay action, this means that a WC or similar demand can be flushed 4-5 times, before the pump starts and fills the header tank completely in one go. Should the underground tank become low, the header tank will continue to be depleted until the level has reached the main water top-up level. At this point, mains water is introduced directly to the header tank. As the pump is starting and stopping less frequently than direct systems and indeed other header tank systems, power consumption and the life of the pump will be better.
Pre-fitted and also supplied
Prior to purchase we recommend you review the installation manual and seek clarification from our sales team 0845 1250 000 (local rate)
Delivery is included for UK mainland, if you require delivery to "Highlands and Islands or elsewhere" please contact our sales team on 0845 1250 000 (local rate) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery is made via a dedicated truck on a 3-5 day (average) standard service. It is recommeded that the tank is off-loaded and moved only by machine and not manually handled.
Our sales team will provide you with an accurate delivery date on receipt of your order.